APPLY HERE: https://forms.gle/vwuk16JR7ZHrGxVVA
Hours: Part-time permanent, potential to transition to full-time
Location: Remote. An optional office is available in Brooklyn, NY.
Our mission: Make cities more responsive, so they are safer, healthier, and more equitable for the people who live in them.
Numina makes a hardware and software platform that uses computer vision to help urban planners and municipal governments design better (safer) streets and public places. We sense bicycle, pedestrian, and other street traffic, and convert this data into real-time intelligence — without surveillance — to enable all sorts of partners in automation, autonomy, and development in the public right-of-way. We are looking for passionate people who would like to join us as we pursue our shared vision of more responsive cities.
The Business Development Representative will support our Growth team in every step of selling to governments, institutions, and Fortune 500 enterprise, as well as exploring new business lines. You should have excellent communication, organizational and writing skills. You will help grow new opportunities in an energetic, impact-driven, and ever-changing environment.
WHAT YOU WILL DO HERE:
- Schedule and attend meetings with prospective customers
- Perform industry research and develop lead lists
- Run outreach campaigns and qualify new prospects
- Assist with proposal development
- Handle day-to-day correspondence with sales leads
- Support customers by addressing any needs during the sales cycle
- Maintain records and track sales process
- Manage workflow on assigned accounts to ensure deadlines are met
WHO YOU ARE:
- Prior experience in sales or account management, preferably in an organization selling business to business (B2B).
- Detail-oriented with strong research skills.
- Excellent written/verbal communication skills.
- Comfortable with documentation and presentation of information.
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, and manage time effectively.
- Ability to work independently and remotely.
- Experience with Hubspot is a plus.
- Bonus: You have an eye for design and/or can use graphic design software.
- Bonus: You care about cities and sustainability, transportation, privacy, and/or frontier technology.
WHO WE ARE:
We strive to be a team of positive, open-minded, respectful, resilient, dedicated, accountable, logical, creative, and empathetic people. We spend our days building an amazing product that makes a real difference in the world. We are a remote-first, distributed team, with an optional office in Brooklyn, New York. We are committed to seeking and sustaining diverse perspectives on our team.
We encourage you to apply if this role excites you, even if you think you may not meet all of the qualifications. At Numina, we take great care to evaluate all employees and job applicants equally, based on merit, competence, and qualifications. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply.
We are backed by investors including betaworks, Shasta Ventures, Elemental Excelerator, URBAN-X (MINI BMW), and accomplished entrepreneur-angels. Past projects have been supported by The Clinton Foundation, The Knight Foundation, and the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation. We are a small, mission-driven company that is growing quickly. If you’d like to join our laser-focused and fast-paced team, we enthusiastically invite you to apply.