Hours: 20-25 hours per week, potential to transition to full-time
Compensation: $17.00 to $26.00 per hour
Eligibility: Must qualify for the NYSERDA Clean Energy Internship program. i.e.: Currently attending or have attended a degree or certificate program at a college or university located in New York State within the last 12 months as of the date of the intern application and New York State residents attending or who have attended a college or university outside of New York State within the last 12 month as of the date of the intern application. New York State residency, with proof of residency such as rental agreement or utility bills, must have been established prior to the start of the internship. (Additional location requirement listed below.)
Location: Remote-first, must be available to operate on Eastern Time. Optional office and potential in-person opportunities in Brooklyn, NYC.
Our mission: Make cities more responsive, so they are safer, healthier, and more equitable for the people who live in them.
Numina makes a hardware and software platform that uses computer vision to help urban planners and municipal governments design better (safer) streets and public places. We sense bicycle, pedestrian, and other street traffic, and convert this data into real-time intelligence — without surveillance — to enable all sorts of partners in automation, autonomy, and development in the public right-of-way. We are looking for passionate people who would like to join us as we pursue our shared vision of more responsive cities.
As Numina’s Operations Intern, you will have the opportunity to participate in wide-ranging, confidential, and strategic tasks to support Numina’s business objectives and executive team. You should have an innate passion for learning, enjoy taking on new challenges and projects, and stay mindful of details in an energetic, fast-paced, and ever-changing environment. You will see many facets of business operations and project operations, with the opportunity to grow into a permanent, full-time role.
WHAT YOU WILL DO HERE:
- Manage and track multiple projects simultaneously, proactively identifying gaps and inefficiencies while supporting your workers to deliver great customer experiences.
- Design, build, and maintain work systems and processes to help maximize executives’ time, including weekly reporting, goal-tracking, and team meetings.
- Navigate communications, calendars, and collaborations between the CEO, Numina’s team, and external stakeholders, customers, and vendors.
- Demonstrate composure and flexibility, regardless of competing priorities.
- Prepare agendas, materials, and notes for meetings and events.
- Support various logistics and paperwork, from team travel to product order fulfillment to project roll-out, with impeccable attention to detail.
- Remit, receive, and process various invoices, payments, and notifications in a timely manner, and flag any out-of-budget activities.
WHO YOU ARE:
- 1+ years experience managing your own projects or programs.
- Extraordinary organizational skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, and computer skills including the ability to use Gmail, Google Docs/Sheets/Forms, Excel, Keynote/Powerpoint, and video conference tools.
- Experience with, or willing to learn, a wide range of administrative support tasks and projects. Bonus: You have HRIS and/or Quickbooks experience.
- Enthusiasm to deep-dive into any subject areas or tasks we need help with.
- Ability to work independently and remotely.
- Bonus: You have an eye for design and/or can use graphic design software.
- Bonus: You care about cities and sustainability, transportation, privacy, and/or frontier technology.
WHO WE ARE:
We strive to be a team of positive, open-minded, respectful, resilient, dedicated, accountable, logical, creative, and empathetic people. We spend our days building an amazing product that makes a real difference in the world. We are a remote-first, distributed team, with an optional office in Brooklyn, New York. We are committed to seeking and sustaining diverse perspectives on our team.
We encourage you to apply if this role excites you, even if you think you may not meet all of the qualifications. At Numina, we take great care to evaluate all employees and job applicants equally, based on merit, competence, and qualifications. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply.
We are backed by investors including betaworks, Shasta Ventures, Elemental Excelerator, URBAN-X (MINI BMW), and accomplished entrepreneur-angels. Past projects have been supported by The Clinton Foundation, The Knight Foundation, and the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation. We are a small, mission-driven company that is growing quickly. If you’d like to join our laser-focused and fast-paced team, we enthusiastically invite you to apply.