APPLY HERE: Internship Application
Hours per week: part-time or full-time
Duration: Dates flexible, up to 960 hours total
Eligible Interns: Individuals who are currently attending or have attended a degree or certificate program at a college or university located in New York State within the last 12 months as of the date of the intern application and New York State residents attending or who have attended a college or university outside of New York State within the last 12 month as of the date of the intern application. New York State residency, with proof of residency such as rental agreement or utility bills, must have been established prior to the start of the internship.
Location: Remote, and you must live in System Benefits Charge (SBC)/Clean Energy Fund (CEF) territory during the internship period. This territory is defined as areas with electric service provided by Central Hudson Gas and Electric Corp., Consolidated Edison Company of NY, Inc., NYS Electric and Gas Corporation, National Grid, Orange and Rockland Utilities, Inc., and Rochester Gas and Electric.
Numina ‘s mission is to make cities more responsive, so they are safer, healthier, and more equitable for the people who live in them. We make a hardware and software platform that uses computer vision to help urban planners and municipal governments design better (safer) streets and public places. We sense bicycle, pedestrian, and other street traffic, and convert this data into real-time intelligence — without surveillance — to enable all sorts of partners in automation, autonomy, and development in the public right-of-way. We are looking for passionate people who would like to join us as we pursue our shared vision of more responsive cities.
WHAT YOU WILL DO HERE:
- Conduct market research.
- Generate and vet go-to-market plan(s) for strategic geographies.
- Create and schedule social media posts.
- Write brief, poignant, and forward thinking editorial and educational content.
- Interview team members, industry leaders, and customers for blog posts
- Suggest website improvements and SEO.
- Contribute to written content (memos, case studies, blog posts, press releases, etc.).
- Identify webinars/conferences for Numina to participate in (tabling/speaking).
- Create a database of relevant journalists, news, and trends in urbanism, data access, data visualization, place-based public health, transportation technology that can inform content and outreach strategy.
- Research leads
- Maintain and log information in CRM (Hubspot)
- Assist with outbound email campaigns
WHO YOU ARE:
You are a listener who seeks to understand complex problems and inform thoughtful solutions to them. You care about cities, transportation access, bicycling, and/or vibrant neighborhoods. Like us, you value creativity, curiosity, and intellectual honesty. Your desire to have a huge impact motivates you to join a small, incredibly productive team and do extraordinary things. You have the following skills and competencies:
- Impeccable organization and research skills
- Clear communication style, and proven ability to meet deadlines
- A professional, flexible, tech-savvy, go-getter attitude
- Ability to self-manage and respond productively to feedback
- Demonstrable interest in urbanism, technology, real estate, urban planning, mobility, public health, infrastructure products, and/or big data
WHO WE ARE:
We strive to be a team of positive, open-minded, respectful, resilient, dedicated, accountable, logical, creative, and empathetic people. We spend our days building an amazing product that makes a real difference in the world. We are a remote-first, distributed team, with an optional office in Brooklyn, New York. We are committed to seeking and sustaining diverse perspectives on our team. We encourage women, people of color, individuals with disabilities, veterans, and others from underrepresented backgrounds to apply.
We are backed by investors including betaworks, Shasta Ventures, Elemental Excelerator, URBAN-X (MINI BMW), and accomplished entrepreneur-angels. Past projects have been supported by The Clinton Foundation, The Knight Foundation, and the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation. We are a small, mission-driven company that is growing quickly. If you’d like to join our laser-focused and fast-paced team, we enthusiastically invite you to apply.