Location: Remote. An optional office is available in Brooklyn, NY.
Salary: Competitive compensation includes salary + health benefits + equity + work-from-home perks.
Application Deadline: Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until September 20, 2021. Position to be filled immediately.
Our mission: Empower cities with data to become more responsive, so they are safer, healthier, and more equitable for the people who live in them.
Numina makes a hardware and software platform that uses computer vision to help urban planners and municipal governments design better (safer) streets and public places. We sense bicycle, pedestrian, and other street traffic, and convert this data into real-time intelligence — without surveillance — to enable all sorts of partners in automation, autonomy, and development in the public right-of-way. We are looking for passionate people who would like to join us as we pursue our shared vision of more responsive cities.
As our Computer Vision Engineer, you will help build and continuously improve our algorithms and analytics for detecting, classifying, and tracking objects and phenomena in streets. This person will report to the CEO, and collaborate with the rest of the engineering and product team to extend and improve our product’s capabilities.
WHAT YOU WILL DO HERE:
- Work on a privacy-first pipeline for benchmarking Numina’s detection and tracking algorithms and building new training sets.
- Make improvements to our detection and tracking algorithms, including implementing them into the sensor applications (Python/C++/TensorRT).
- Provide formative input on a pioneering, Privacy-by-Design computer vision product.
Skills and experience that will help you succeed in this role:
You have 3+ years of work experience (i.e. in a company setting), building continuous model benchmarking and deployment pipelines. You have:
- You have built continuous model benchmarking and deployment pipelines. You have:Knowledge and understanding of image processing and machine learning techniques, and the ability to apply them using libraries such as NumPy, OpenCV, PyTorch, and Tensorflow
- Strong programming skills with Python and C++
- Solid foundation in linear algebra and statistics
- Experience in developing object detection and object tracking algorithms
- Testing, benchmarking, and monitoring model performance
- Experience owning large initiatives end-to-end, and ability to make well-reasoned design decisions and tradeoffs for complex projects
- Ability to communicate highly specialized technical subjects to teammates in ways that encourage collaboration and teamwork
Some of the tools and frameworks we use:
- AWS, Docker, Linux, Serverless
- OpenCV, NumPy, TensorFlow, PyTorch
- HTTP, MQTT
- Python, C++
- GitHub, Slack, Clubhouse
- Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery
- G Suite
WHO WE ARE:
We strive to be a team of positive, open-minded, respectful, resilient, dedicated, accountable, logical, creative, and empathetic people. We spend our days building an amazing product that makes a real difference in the world. We are a remote-first, distributed team, with an optional office in Brooklyn, New York. We are committed to seeking and sustaining diverse perspectives on our team. We encourage women, people of color, individuals with disabilities, veterans, and others from underrepresented backgrounds to apply.
We are backed by investors including betaworks, Shasta Ventures, Elemental Excelerator, URBAN-X (MINI BMW), and accomplished entrepreneur-angels. Past projects have been supported by The Clinton Foundation, The Knight Foundation, and the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation. We are a small, mission-driven company that is growing quickly. If you’d like to join our laser-focused and fast-paced team, we enthusiastically invite you to apply.